invite you to participate in an all day mass portrait event, Homage to Catalonia
, on 26th November, for a forthcoming exhibition and book.
You, the subject, are asked to bring a relevant item, to be included in your portrait, that represents Barcelona or Catalonia to you. Be imaginative with the theme as this performance is, most importantly, a collaboration between you and the artist.
To guarantee your place on the day please register below.
Please fill in the form and press the button
¡Ajúda'ns a construir el nostre propi CATZILLA!
- A stick of Broccoli could represent 'S'ha acabat el br˛quil', a Catalan expression which figuratively means 'Enough is enough'.
- A Book and a Rose would signify Sant Jordi.
- Bring Cava i Coco from Sant SadurnÝ d'Anoia.
- Hollow out an egg and make it dance: L'ou com Balla.
- Grow a moustache like Dali's.
- Be a human statue from Las Ramblas.
- Mr Spock's ears will make you into Un Ruc CatalÓ.
- Wrap yourself in Tin foil and make yourself into a bocadillo.
- A can of spray paint is the medium of graffiti, the endemic regional art form.
- A bruise for the brutality of the Mossos.
- A pig or a politician for Peus de Ministre.
- A Cagener or Caga tiˇ is essential for a Catalan Christmas.
- A Sonar bag, a Barretina, a Barcelona mullet or tattoos are all, in their way, local icons.
- Botifarras, Calšots or just Pa amb TomÓquet are at home on any Catalan table.
- A T-10, a Bicing bike or simply a can of Estrella bought on the street are all familiar to Barcelona residents.
- The more ambitious could bring Gegants or Castellers.
- and if you cant think off anything else bring your Barca shirt, though everyone else will too.